Effective Date: June 26, 2018
YOUR CONSENT TO THIS POLICY
By continuing to use or visit our Site, you agree and accept the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use or visit our Site.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
Generally, personal data is information that can reasonably be used to identify or contact a person, like a person’s name, home address, or phone number. Some jurisdictions, like the European Union, may include IP addresses and location data as well as factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of a person within the scope of personal data.
PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We and our third party providers collect personal data and other information from you in two ways: (1) voluntarily provided by you; or (2) automatically collected by us from your use of the Site.
Voluntarily provided by you.
We collect personal data and other information that you voluntarily provide to us. Here are some examples.
- Signing Up for our Mailing List: To sign up for our mailing list, you provide us and our third party provider MailChimp with your first and last name and email address.
- Registering as an Envy Medical Professional: When you register as Envy Medical Professional, you provide us and our third party providers with various information: first and last name; email address; name of practice; street address, state, city, and zip code; phone number; title in practice; and account number.
- Offers Regarding Information on Envy Medical Products: From time to time, we may have programs to provide additional information and materials to Envy Medical Professionals about certain products, like the Dermalinfusion Live Demo. To register for these programs, you provide us with your first and last name, name of practice, phone number, website/URL, city and state, and email address.
- Communicating with Us: You also may provide us and our third party provider MailChimp with information—like your name, email address, phone number, and other information—when you email us a question.
- Participating in our Sweepstakes or Contests: From time to time, we may conduct sweepstakes or giveaways on or through our Site. To participate in the promotion, you may need to provide us and our third party providers with your name and email address. If you win, you would also need to provide your mailing address as well as daytime and nighttime phone numbers.
- Making an Online Purchase: When you make a purchase on our Site, you provide us and our third party provider WooCommerce with your first and last name, email address, phone number, company name, credit card number, expiration date, card verification code/value (CVC or CVV), and billing and shipping addresses.
Automatically collected by us.
Please review our Cookie Notice for details on the personal data and other information we automatically collect. Our Cookie Notice is incorporated into this Policy. By agreeing to this Policy, you also agree to our Cookie Notice.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data and other information for many reasons discussed below, all of which are aimed at providing you with a better Site and product:
- To maintain our Site.
- To further develop and improve our Site.
- To monitor and analyze trends so we can better understand how users interact with our Site and provide better, more relevant content.
- To provide giveaways and other promotions.
- To provide a quality online store for your purchases of our products.
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Site.
- To provide security and detect illegal activities.
- To communicate with you and provide quality customer service.
- To personalize your experience using our Site.
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We rely on one or more of the following conditions to collect your personal data:
- our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information, services, and products to you;
- explicit consent that you have given; and/or
- legal obligations.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH OTHERS
We do not sell your personal data. However, we may share your personal data and other information about you in certain limited circumstances identified below:
- Our Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors: We may disclose your personal data and other information to our subsidiaries, employees, and independent contractors who need the information to perform their duties and help us provide a better Site to you.
- Our Third-Party Vendors and Service Providers: We may provide your personal data and other information to third parties hired by us to assist with our Site and provide services such as analytics and e-commerce.
- Acquisition, Merger, or Sale of Assets: In the event of any merger, sale of our assets, or acquisition of our business by another company, personal data and other information would likely be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Court Order or Other Legal Obligation: We may disclose your personal data and other information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our clients, customers, employees, or others: This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, information security, and other related matters.
The Site has reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of your personal data. However, we cannot make any guarantees or warranties regarding the safety of your personal data.
We retain your personal data as necessary for the duration of the purpose outlined in this Policy. It may also be necessary to retain your personal data for longer periods to comply with any legal obligations, enforce our agreements, or resolve disputes.
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS
You have choices about how to limit or block the collection of your personal data as well as to review, modify, or delete your personal data.
- Reviewing, Modifying, and Deleting Your Personal Data: By logging into your account, you can review, modify, or delete your first/last name, email address, and billing and shipping addresses on your account. If you would like further information about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your personal data, please email us at email@example.com.
- California Residents. If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, if any. To request a notice, please submit your request by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Note, at this time, we do not share your personal information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- Set Your Browser to Reject or Limit Cookies: On your browser, you can choose to remove or reject cookies before using our Site. However, if you do so, our Site may not function properly or provide you with the best experience. For more details, see org.
- Limiting Access to Information on Your Mobile Device: Also, your mobile device should provide you with various options to limit our ability to collect stored information or location information.
- Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On: Google provides website visitors the ability to prevent their data from being used by Google Analytics. For more information about how you can opt-out of Google Analytics click here.
- Do Not Track. Our Site does not support Do Not Track at this time. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For all the details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit us.
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) bestows various rights to residents or data subjects in the European Union. Such rights include:
- requesting a copy of personal data we hold about you;
- asking that we update the personal data we hold about you, or independently correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- asking that we delete personal data that we hold about you from live systems, or restrict the way in which we use such personal data (for information on deletion of your account, see the “Your Choices and Access” section);
- requesting portability of your personal data;
- objecting to our collecting of your personal data;
- withdrawing your consent to our collecting of your personal data (to the extent such collecting is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for collecting); and/or
- bringing a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
If you would like further information about the GDPR rights and whether they apply to you and your use of our Site, please email us at email@example.com.
HEALTH AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION
We do not knowingly collect or utilize any sensitive health-related information, such as, for example, information related to past or present medical conditions or prescriptions. Also, we do not knowingly collect or utilize any personal information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic or biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual, or data concerning an individual’s health or sexual orientation.
Our Site may contain links to other websites provided by third parties not under our control. When following a link and providing information to a third party website, please be aware that we are not responsible for the data provided to or collected by that third party. This Policy only applies to our Site, so when you visit other websites, even when you click on a link posted on our Site, you should read their own privacy policies.
We are a general audience site, and do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Site user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account.
TRANSFER OF DATA TO THE US
In the event that you view or use our Site while outside of the United States, you consent to the transfer of such information across country borders, and to the use, processing, and disclosure of such information in global locations, including those that may have different levels of privacy protection than in your own country. Further, you consent the collection of your personal data will be governed by the laws of California and the United States.
We reserve the right, at any time, to add to, change, update, or modify this Policy, simply by posting such change on the Site and without any other notice to you. Any such change will be effective immediately upon posting on the Site. It is your responsibility to review this Policy from time to time to ensure that you continue to agree with all of its terms.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.